- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 450-500g leg lamb steak, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (or add these separately)
- 200ml fresh chicken stock (Knorr stock pot works well)
- 2 tsp clear honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g orzo
- 120g spinach leaves
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a casserole or large stir fry pan and brown the lamb until golden, then set aside on a plate.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until soft. Return the lamb to the pan, then stir in the rosemary, allspice and bay leaves. Cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, stock, honey and salt. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the orzo under cold water, then cook according to pack instructions. Drain, then rinse again under cold water and stir it into the casserole. Rinse the spinach and stir into the casserole too, until it wilts.
- Cover and set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes, then remove the bay leaves and serve, sprinkled with the feta.