For the base:
- 375g sweet dessert pastry
- 3tbsp mandarin marmalade
For the filling:
- 200g whole blanched almonds
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 2tbsp Amaretto Disaronno liqueur
- 225g fresh blueberries
- 2tbsp apricot jam to glaze (optional)
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, and use to line a 23cm fluted tart tin. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill. Pre-heat oven to 200°C, with a flat baking sheet on the middle shelf.
- Place the almonds in a food processor with the golden caster sugar and blitz until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the butter, eggs, plain flour, and the Amaretto liqueur. Blitz until combined.
- Remove the lined tart tin from the fridge, then spread the base with a thin layer of marmalade, followed by the almond mixture. Scatter the blueberries evenly on the top, before placing in the oven on the pre-heated baking sheet to bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven to 180°C for a further 30 minutes, and cook until golden and crisp. Meanwhile, warm the apricot jam until liquid, pass through a sieve and brush onto the warm tart to glaze.